Because each channel of the Lexicon GX-7 has its own power supply, the amplifier has significantly improved channel separation. Intended for systems where the additional output of the RX-7 or the ZX-7 is not necessary, the GX-7 – with 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms – has more than enough power to drive most multi-channel speaker systems. When driving a 4 ohm load, the output of the GX-7 increases to an impressive 188 watts per channel.
In order to facilitate easy system integration, the GX-7 includes a 12-volt trigger input on the rear panel so that it can be powered up remotely by a separate device with an output trigger, such as a Lexicon Digital Controller. A rack mount is also available.
With its clean, quiet power, the GX-7 serves as an exceptional addition to any multi-channel home entertainment system.
Finishes: Silver. Dimensions H x W x D mm: Height (with feet) 128mm (requires 3U); Width 440mm; Depth 495mm (including handles).
- 125 watts per channel (8Ω)
- 188 watts per channel (4Ω)
- Oversized toroidal transformer
- Individual power supplies for each channel
- Individual protection circuitry for each channel
- Thermal protection from overheating
- Loudspeaker protection from DC and frequencies below 10Hz
- Protection against short-circuits, device failures, miswiring and internal faults
- Stable with mismatched, reactive or unusual loads
- Heat-sinks for each channel for silent convection cooling
- RCA input connectors
- Trigger input for power control from an external device
- High power-supply voltage(160V) for extra headroom at the outputs
- Heavy-duty gold plated output connectors
- Rack mount available
- Finishes: Silver
- Weight 23.1kg
- Dimensions H x W x D mm: Height (with feet) 128mm (requires 3U); Width 440mm; Depth 495mm (including handles)