The Lexicon DD-8 redefines the state-of-the-art multi-room distributed audio applications. Taking advantage of HARMAN’s pioneering DriveCore amplifier technology, the DD-8 delivers eight channels of 125W each from a chassis only 1U high. The revolutionary DriveCore circuit integrates the amplifier drive stage with the power output stage on a compact chip. Five patents apply to the advanced feedback, modulation and output stage technologies. DriveCore’s front-end drive circuits utilise the inherent efficiencies of Class D amplification while delivering the audiophile performance of advanced A/B designs.
The 90%+ efficiency of the DriveCore stage means that the DD8 operates at a low temperature without a fan meaning that your equipment racks stay cool and ultra-quiet. In fact as many as five DD8s may be ‘flat stacked’ without requring spacing. The DD-8 was designed with future eco power regulations in mind, and uses less power during full operation than many amplifiers do in standby. It delivers a full-complement of control features as well, including local and bus inputs, stereo/mono selection, channel output level controls and system triggers.
- Multi-patented DriveCore amplifier technology
- 8 channels at 125W into 8 ohms in a chassis only one rack space high
- High-efficiency, convection-cooled design keeps your equipment rack cool and quiet
- Up to five DD8s may be ‘flat-stacked’ without spacing
- Local/Bus inputs, 12V triggers and signal-sensing for simple system integration with multiple amplifiers
- Stereo/Mono selection and independent channel output level controls for flexibility with any speaker positioning
- Black finish
- Weight: 9.2 lbs (4.2 kg) / Shipping Weight: 14.5 lbs (6.6 kg)
- Dimensions H x W x D mm: 54 w/ feet / 45 w/out feet x 438 x 378