The Falcon Acoustics Classic 15 ohm LS3/5a is fully Licensed by the BBC, and hand-assembled by Falcon in Oxford England. It is the only LS3/5a in production that faithfully replicates the original BBC design published in October 1976. The cabinets are hand made from specially selected graded Baltic Ply, and use selected grade Beech fillets. They are British made to BBC specification, and are available in a variety of natural wood veneers with a Tygan Cloth front grille. The Falcon Acoustics LS3/5as are sold in matched pairs only, and are supplied with an Instruction Manual, Individually Numbered Certificate of Authenticity and come with a 5 year Guarantee.
- System type: Two-way infinite baffle (sealed box)
- Frequency response: 70Hz – 20kHz ± 3dB
- Sensitivity: 83dB for 2.83V @ 1m
- Nominal impedance: 15 ohm
- Bass/Midrange driver: 138mm Falcon Acoustics B110 – Graded and Computer Matched
- Tweeter: 19mm Falcon Acoustics T27 – Graded and Computer Matched
- Crossover: Falcon Acoustics FL6/23 (BBC Design) Graded and pair matched components throughout
- Crossover frequency: 3kHz
- Cabinet: Selected grade Baltic Birch Ply, Beech battens, internally damped
- Finishes: Cherry, Walnut, Rosewood, Burr Walnut, Yew natural wood veneers
- Dimensions: 305mm H x 190mm W x 165mm D.
- Weight: 5.35 kgs each
Falcon Acoustics LS3/5a, Hi Fi Plus 162 SEE REVIEWS AND DOWNLOADS
Falcon Acoustics LS3/5a, Hi Fi News Jan 2019, Outstanding Product SEE REVIEWS AND DOWNLOADS
Falcon Acoustics LS3/5a, Stereonet.co.uk, 5 STAR Applause Award READ FULL REVIEW HERE